Our belief is that if businesses in Lao PDR are to grow in a sustainable way, they need to become more competitive. BAF II aims to support eligible Lao companies, including SMEs, to increase their competitive advantage, and thereby grow into larger and more sustainable businesses.
The objective of BAF II is to support private sector companies and SMEs to build their skills and expertise so that they can become locally, regionally and internationally competitive. We do this by providing matching grants that reduce the cost of hiring technical advisory services aimed at improving competitiveness.
To help businesses identify what kinds of technical advisory assistance would be most effective, we also provide, free of charge, some basic mentoring support on your company’s growth plan.
BAF provides matching grants to cover 50% of the cost of specific and tailored technical assistance – or ‘business development services’ – that a company needs to become more competitive and grow.
Examples of the kinds of technical assistance BAF II is willing to co-fund include:
• Attaining quality standards needed to enter new markets or attract new customers
• Strategic or technical management guidance relating to the business field(s) in which you operate
• Up-grading ICT and internal work processes
• Improvements in production efficiency and competitiveness
• Improvements in branding and marketing
• Creating better market linkages and export promotion
• Developing products or services that reduce the need for imports
• Pursuing new innovations in business practices, products or services